Discussion topic: ROUTER JUST ARRIVED BEFORE INSTALLATION DATE PASSWORD INCORRECT FOR WIFI

This message was authored by TFH This message was authored by: TFH

ROUTER JUST ARRIVED BEFORE INSTALLATION DATE PASSWORD INCORRECT FOR WIFI

Has anyone had a new router delivered and enclosed wifi password does not work , this is before openreach come to install internet?  many thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: ROUTER JUST ARRIVED BEFORE INSTALLATION DATE PASSWORD INCORRECT FOR WIFI

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TFH although people complain quite frequently about incorrect passwords in 8 years I have never heard of that ever being proven. Firstly check you are reading the password correctly it is quite easy to confuse a letter like I with the number 1 or vice versa and Sky will use 1 and 0s in their passwords.

Secondly if logging into the hub's web interface remember the usernamd is always admin not the SSID.

You can reset the hub to its defaults on the black hubs by pressing and holding in the reset pin until the power led flashes which takes up to 20 seconds or on the new **bleep**e hub holding in the WPS button for 30 seconds.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@TFH wrote:

Has anyone had a new router delivered and enclosed wifi password does not work , this is before openreach come to install internet?  many thanks

How would you know if the password works or not unless you've got internet installed?

It's also rude to use all caps in a title or thread BTW.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"
TFH
Topic Author
This message was authored by TFH This message was authored by: TFH

Apologies for capitals , I was just trying to get ready for installation date to see and get wifi installed in mobile.I really have entered correct password without doubt

Many thanks

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@TFH wrote:

Apologies for capitals , I was just trying to get ready for installation date to see and get wifi installed in mobile.I really have entered correct password without doubt

Many thanks

Are you taking the password from the card that comes with it or from the router label?

If they're the same then it's possible that that's a returned router that has had the password changed via the browser at some time, you'll need to access it via a hardwired device and set it to suit or do the full reset.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TFH do the full reset if still stuck call Sky.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion