Discussion topic: Poor speed to hub and dropouts

This message was authored by Glover85 This message was authored by: Glover85

Poor speed to hub and dropouts

Hi all

We have had the new sky max hub for a few weeks now but the speed to the hub is constantly all over the place. We are on ultra fast. Some days the service checker will show 148mb and then drop to 80/90mb for a day or two then it jumps back up so its never below the 100mb guarentee for three days straight. 

The second issue is the wifi drops out most days for a minute or so the recconects. This happens on multiple devices. We live over 3 floors and probably need a booster to help reach the top floor stream box. 

Best Answers
Glover85
Topic Author
This message was authored by Glover85 This message was authored by: Glover85 Answer

Re: Poor speed to hub and dropouts

An update on this. Despite being helpful and trying quite a few things Sky have been unable to fix this issue. There is no line fault. We have a new max router which made no difference. Disconnected various devices and no difference. Sky have exhausted all options over the course of a week and the speeds have still fluctuated between under the speed guarentee and just over with the occassional day where it was what we were paying for. They have basically said its either put up with it or I am free to leave. I cant help thinking the new max hub is the likely cause especially after seeing so many comments with similar issues. They did suggedt a profile reset might work but i would need to upgrade speed for this to take place and no guaretee. So If they cant fix it I will need to go elsewhere. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Glover85
Topic Author

This morning we have had the Sky service app tell us that we have dipped below the minimum for 3 days. Wifi is still terrible in some parts of the house and we are getting roughly half the speed we are paying for. We never had this issue before moving to the new sky router

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glover85 

Can you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Glover85
Topic Author

How do I do that on the new sky max hub. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Glover85 

Good question. @Chrisee any ideas

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Glover85
Topic Author

Sky have acknolegded that the speed to the hub is poor and have refunded for it. However the service checker is still saying poor speed to the hub and now poor wifi signal from the hub. I have no way of posting stats as on new max hub. Im pretty sure the next step will be a booster but waiting to get through to sky is ridiculous and web help  keeps sending me here.

Glover85
Topic Author

I am still having issues with this and i cannot get in contact with sky they keep sending me here. We are using the white max hub and coverage is sketchy over 3 floors so probably need a booster pod. We are getting dropouts and the speed is quite often well below what we are paying for. Any help is appreciated. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Glover85 

If you have the Sky WiFi Max addon you should be entitled to pods. I've escalated your post to Sky, look out for a message on the forum

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Glover85 to chat.

Glover85
Topic Author
This message was authored by Glover85 This message was authored by: Glover85 Answer

An update on this. Despite being helpful and trying quite a few things Sky have been unable to fix this issue. There is no line fault. We have a new max router which made no difference. Disconnected various devices and no difference. Sky have exhausted all options over the course of a week and the speeds have still fluctuated between under the speed guarentee and just over with the occassional day where it was what we were paying for. They have basically said its either put up with it or I am free to leave. I cant help thinking the new max hub is the likely cause especially after seeing so many comments with similar issues. They did suggedt a profile reset might work but i would need to upgrade speed for this to take place and no guaretee. So If they cant fix it I will need to go elsewhere. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion