Discussion topic: Poor Broadband

This message was authored by Thurrock This message was authored by: Thurrock

Poor Broadband

Early October I changed broadband and home phone provider.  Mistake. I left TalkTalk part fibre which despite low speed figures and the number of devices always worked. It took numerous calls to Sky before the home phone would receive incoming calls. I need to make a periodic call to a Australian mobile which when using TalkTalk was between £5 and £6 pounds Sky because they now deem the call outside extra to their international package for the calls was £68. 
We are on the Superfast package and get over 75 speed with TalkTalk it was 18, it takes ages to download onto Facebook messenger and WhatsApp chat mostly needing to change to data to send and receive. 
Unless Sky live up to the wonderful claims their ads make, I will be changing back at the earliest opportunity. 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Poor Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Thurrock wrote:

I need to make a periodic call to a Australian mobile which when using TalkTalk was between £5 and £6 pounds Sky because they now deem the call outside extra to their international package for the calls was £68. 

Not sure how this is Sky's fault? You should have checked with Sky Talk's international rates before signing up. 

@Thurrock wrote: 

We are on the Superfast package and get over 75 speed with TalkTalk it was 18, it takes ages to download onto Facebook messenger and WhatsApp chat mostly needing to change to data to send and receive. 

To help with your speed issue please post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion