Discussion topic: Pig sick broadband disconnecting.

Aceman46
Topic Author
This message was authored by Aceman46 This message was authored by: Aceman46

Re: Pig sick broadband disconnecting.

Hi Chrisee Can I just ask what is the Shine team?  Also on various searches seems like lots of similar issues.  Quite a few have been rectified by disabling WiFi on sky Q box.  Weird I know but has worked for some then asked for a new Q box and voila.  Going to give it a go once I've worked out how to disable it.

Once again thanks for replying.  

Aceman46
Topic Author

Tried a few more things.  Turning off WiFi on Sky Q as some have said it can cause drop outs.  Still disconnecting so turned back on.  Downloaded WiFi analyser app on the 5ghz it highlighted channel 36 as basically being rubbish which is why mine is set on, so went into settings in the hub and on the sky Q and changed to 44 which the analyser stated was fine.  Was quite proud of this as not the most tec savvy.  Didn't work though.  Got fourth Open Reach engineer visit on Monday.  Will let you know if it gets sorted.

This message was authored by Teresa+Hewson This message was authored by: Teresa+Hewson

You said earlier that all the router lights go out, is that including the power light?? When you got a replacement router did you also swap the power lead/adapter?? Or could it be a dodgy intermittent power socket. Seems strange that the power light goes out. Just a thought.

Aceman46
Topic Author

Hi there 

All three green lights go out then about 20 secs later  the two outer green ones come back on the middle one comes back on flashing amber then solid amber then all back on solid green.  Happening around 20 x per day.  So frustrating when WFH.  

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aceman46 see https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Understanding-REIN-and-SHINE

I dont think your issue is with your hub.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Aceman46
Topic Author

You are more than likely correct.  Just trying to eliminate everything.  4th engineer coming Monday if still no good after that   Will leave me with little choice but to try and terminate my contract and move to the dark side of VM. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aceman46 wrote:

Can I just ask what is the Shine team?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54239180 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a34229436/old-tv-breaks-internet/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion