Discussion topic: Outage in Derbyshire?

This message was authored by Witchypoo2 This message was authored by: Witchypoo2

Outage in Derbyshire?

Hi. Does anyone know of any outage problems in Crich Derbyshire.  I cannot connect to broadband TV. I've tried all the usual steps no Joy. The amber light isn't even on on the hub. I've looked at service checker and there is a problem with my broadband,  just wondering if its a wider area problem and not just my address.  I carn't seem to find much information.  There where extreme thunderstorms in my area last night could this have anything to do with it. Any help would be very much appreciated.  I'm not very technical and it's very difficult to speak to someone at sky , so if its a area outage I won't need to contact them . Thank you in advance. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Outage in Derbyshire?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Witchypoo2 

If the light is off completely usually means openreach have disconnected the broadband completely hopefully to work on it. Sky probably will get updated overnight.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Witchypoo2 

There appear to be issues in Matlock.

What colours are the lights on the sky router?

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Witchypoo2
Topic Author
This message was authored by Witchypoo2 This message was authored by: Witchypoo2

Hi cookiemonsteruk.

Thank you for your reply. The two green lights are on my router, the power and the wifi, but the one in the middle that is usually amber when it's offline then turns green the internet light This is completely black no light at all. I've never experienced this before it's completely off?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Witchypoo2 

If the light is off completely usually means openreach have disconnected the broadband completely hopefully to work on it. Sky probably will get updated overnight.

Witchypoo2
Topic Author

Oh, thank you so much!. That's a great help. So kind of you for taking the time to help me . Very much appreciated. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion