Discussion topic: Old router issues

This message was authored by davitth This message was authored by: davitth

Old router issues

My dad had super fast broad band his router is the old sky hub SR102 his down is not good under 30mbps.I have a spare sky router ER125 would this work if I changed them over.Hes just renewed sky tv & his broad band and SKY refused to send out an up to date one not the b

oost router.

Cheers 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Old router issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@davitth  I would get back on to Sky and ask them again to send out a new router.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Old router issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@davitth wrote:

My dad had super fast broad band his router is the old sky hub SR102 his down is not good under 30mbps.

Note that changing the router can't improve download speed if the limiting factor is the distance over copper phone wiring from the subscription address to the local fibre cabinet:  30Mbs is the expected speed at around 900 metres over FTTC.  An ER115 has 'better' dual band WiFi (802.11ac) rather than the single band (802.11n) of an SR102, but that isn't the same thing as line speed from and to the internet.

FTTC-speed-against-distance.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion