Discussion topic: Not allowed to upgrade to Sky Max hub but have Gigafast already! Anyone know why?

This message was authored by Btwix This message was authored by: Btwix

Not allowed to upgrade to Sky Max hub but have Gigafast already! Anyone know why?

Hi, just wondering if it's possible for somebody to help me with this situation. I have had Gigafast broadband now for about six months and the SKY Max hub was advertised for me on the My Sky app. I initially made a mistake clicking on it some months back and cancelled it as I didn't want it then.

However now I do want it and it is not possible according to the man Who sits inside the app and tell us what we can can't do. 🙂 so I phoned up Sky amd spoke to a very Unhelpful man who didn't really seem to know but said the only way I could upgrade would be through the app. 

It just seems fair that some people can upgrade to this option to have the hub and other can't. If it was geographic, then why would I have been offered it a few weeks back but not now? 

Can anybody help Please help answer questions, or give me any suggestions to help. 

many thanks! 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Not allowed to upgrade to Sky Max hub but have Gigafast already! Anyone know why?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Btwix 

Do you have sky q with more than 1 mini box?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Btwix
Topic Author

Re: Not allowed to upgrade to Sky Max hub but have Gigafast already! Anyone know why?

Hi, thanks for replying. 

I have full fibre Gigafast and Sky Stream puck (which is the little device you plug into the TV and you run through the Wi-Fi?). 

But I used to have Sky Q at my old house but I initially cancelled Sky before I I moved house, then  got married etc and moved in with my husband and started a new contract with this Contract. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Btwix 

How many mini boxes did you have?

Sometimes if therd are remnants of sky q it would bar you for sky max even if you have moved to stream

You would need to call sky and explain the situation as it may need referred to the back office team to remove any trace of sky q

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Btwix
Topic Author

Thanks I will try calling them again. I did speak to a customer service person yesterday who said there's nothing they can do and I will just keep having to check on my app for offers etc.. but it was there.. I told the chap the offer was available about 2 weeks ago and now it's vanished so makes no sense. 

Would it be possible to buy the Max hub and set it up myself seeing as I already have the Giga-fast fibre? Also what is Sky Boost? Does it give the same security controls as the Sky Max Hub? 

Many thanks for trying to help. 🙂

Btwix
Topic Author

Hi.. I had Sky Q boxes at my old address, so it could be possible that they've linked my previous account with my new one in order for me to keep the VIP status. 🤔

@Btwix 

You can't buy it .  All you can do is have whatever block is on the upgrade removed.  So explain exactly what i have posted above  but any issues get back to us

Btwix
Topic Author

Sorry, I didn't get back to you before, but thank you very much for that. I will speak to them tomorrow and let you know what the outcome is!  Thanks! 😀

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Btwix wrote:

Would it be possible to buy the Max hub and set it up myself seeing as I already have the Giga-fast fibre? Also what is Sky Boost? Does it give the same security controls as the Sky Max Hub? 

As @cookiemonsteruk indicates, Max Hubs are loaned by Sky, not sold.  Any you see available anywhere but through Sky aren't legitimate.

Broadband Boost isn't relevant with a Max Hub: it's replaced by the WiFi Max supplement.  It also doesn't have the Parental Controls or security of the Max service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood 

Out of interest should the max hub option show on my sky app.  Just realised since i moved from sky q to stream in february this year and moving to fttp this thursday the max option isn't showing

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cookiemonsteruk 

I'd think Sky would want to upsell you to Max, but your account might well still have a legacy of Q somewhere.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood 

Just double checking in the light of the advice i gave @Btwix 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion