Discussion topic: No service at all

This message was authored by Jenny33 This message was authored by: Jenny33

No service at all

When are you going to fix the sky outage in my area? I’m not surprised it’s happened because the signal had been playing up for days. Let’s hope you do the right thing and Sky compensated customers. I’m not impressed

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No service at all

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jenny33 

Firstly, this is a customer helps customer forum so you’re not contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here.

A problem with your Sky+ set up (where you've posted) will not be a large outage otherwise the forum would be awash with reports. It's likely to be your own set up. What is the issue with your signal as it could be a dish misalignment. Sky themselves no longer support Sky+ and Sky+HD, if you have Sky Protect through Domestic and General Insurance you can call them otherwise you'll need to employ a local satellite engineer at your own expense to check it (or upgrade to Sky Q or change to Glass / Stream). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jenny33  In addition to @Daniel0210  reply a Satellite signal is not localised it covers the whole of the UK so if there were an outage on these 3 satellites it would be extremely unusual even impossible.

And I'd wager we wouldn't be able to post in this community as it would be in meltdown.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jenny33 wrote:

When are you going to fix the sky outage in my area? I’m not surprised it’s happened because the signal had been playing up for days. Let’s hope you do the right thing and Sky compensated customers. I’m not impressed

There's no such thing as a satellite signal outage in a particular area. Loss of satellite signal is down to your dish setup.

Jenny33
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jenny33 This message was authored by: Jenny33

Those are the exact words used when checking my broadband and wifi connections via MySky account!  So can you Mark explain why MySky used those exact words and tell me why there is no signal at all - clearly an expert in this field!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jenny33 if you're talking your broadband service, that has nothing to do with Sky+, where you've posted. Sky+ is a satellite based TV service, not a broadband service.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

"No Signal" is an error generated by your TV indicating that it cannot find a device on the current input, check the correct input for your Sky box is selected

"No Satellite Signal" is an error generated by your Sky box, it has nothing to do with broadband (Internet connectivity) and usually indicates an issue with one or more of the following:

• The Dish is misaligned (not all transponders are getting through, thus some channels may be affected and others not)
• The Tuners in the sky box
• The input sockets on the Sky box
• The plugs on the cables
• The cables themselves
• The Sockets on the dishes LNB
• The dishes LNB has gone faulty for the connections the box is using
• You have plugged your Sky+ box into a dish that is only compatible with Sky Q

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are replacing with their newer services: Sky Q (all issues will be fixed during a Sky Q install), Sky Glass and Sky Stream

You may have to call out a local satellite installer, unless you already have Sky Protect insurance, to check/fix your system, another option is to move to Sky Q, as during the move all issues will be resolved as part of the install, there is also the option of Sky Glass or Sky Stream, if you want to move away from satellite TV and use the Internet

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jenny33 wrote:

Those are the exact words used when checking my broadband and wifi connections via MySky account!  So can you Mark explain why MySky used those exact words and tell me why there is no signal at all - clearly an expert in this field!

So this is an issue with your Broadband and not your Sky+ box?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jenny33 wrote:

Let’s hope you do the right thing and Sky compensated customers. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion