Discussion topic: No internet at all

This message was authored by Borislav This message was authored by: Borislav

No internet at all

Hi,

My internet started deteriorating (meaning internet speed kept slowing and internet goes on and off) from last friday 22/07/2022. By Monday 25/07/2022 morning, the internet complitely stopped. I called sky support on the same day and the lady asured me that Im with and old modem and if I get a new one on 18 month contract the issue will be resolved. We were promised we should have recieved the modem the next day, but we didn't and it had arrived after 4 days (friday 29/07/2022) we finally received the new modem but the internet is still not working. I called sky the same day (friday 29/07/2022) and the atomated response bot booked me an angeneer for Saturday morning (30/07/2022) 

I had to work from home for 4 days using my mobile internet so I can received the new modem which caused additional cost to my montly mobile bill.

I feel like Im being taken advantage of as Ideally I would like to reduce my internet bill. Not only that I didnt get a reduction but I got tricked into signing a contract that doesnt solve my issue.

Since I didn't get the services I signed up for and left with feeling of being taken advantage of I would like to receive some compensation i.e. lower paying band of contract with the 146MP speed limit and compensation of the lost of internet for 6 days.

I've been a sky loyal customer for 7 years and I never missed a payment.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No internet at all

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Borislav 

See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it (once it’s fixed).

You are on a domestic broadband service so wfh will not produce any increase in this. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Borislav  You should also be aware that Openreach are on strike on 1st August which will impact repair timescales and presumably autocompensation may not apply for the strike days.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@GD1 wrote:

presumably autocompensation may not apply for the strike days.

Good point @GD1 

Sky customer since 2001
Borislav
Topic Author

What about the fact that I was tricked into signing a contract that didnt solve my problem?

The lady on the phone said that "its because of the old router Im using  and if I get a new one on 18 months bases the issue will be fixed"? 

Clearly its not from the router. Sky could've scheduled Engineer for the next day from the day of my  call, instead they sold me 1 of their packages which didnt solve the problem.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Borislav  You will need to take that up with Sky, we are all customers here like you.  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Borislav 

I think you're very fortunate to get an appointment so quickly so see what the engineer says/does.

Sky customer since 2001
Borislav
Topic Author

With the whole ordeal I dont feel fortunate at all. Im paying for service Im not getting. What Im getting is grief and extra cost for sitting on the phone for 30 mins + and waiting for a sky customer service which eventually leads to fake promise and lies.  Didnt receive the modem on the next day nor did it solve my problem, which in terms dragged the whole ordeal for an extra 4 days so far. I wanted the problem to go away hence why I agreed to the 18 months contract.

By no means I feel lucky.

Borislav
Topic Author

Thank you for the link!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion