No broadband via WiFi after power cut

Runner
Post 1 of 5

No broadband via WiFi after power cut

Hi

I have fibre max and everything normally works perfectly. We had a couple of short power cuts over night last night and this morning nothing is able to connect to the internet via WiFi. Devices connected via ethernet work normally and devices connected to the router via WiFi have all been allocated IP addresses as they should, but none of them are actually connecting to the internet. Same goes for my sky q box - connected to router is ticked, but a cross next to connected to broadband. I've turned the router off and back on again, but still no go. 

This happened once before in exactly the same circumstances, and a replacement router was sent which worked fine, but it seems odd to me that two routers would break as a result of power cuts. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers

All Replies
Camera Assistant
Post 2 of 5

Re: No broadband via WiFi after power cut

@DandyDons

Just to confirm you are saying everything via ethernet works fine but everything via WiFi doesn't? I also assume you have tried rebooting the router again?

It's possible that the power cuts have corrupted the router firmware slightly or fried some of its components. 

Runner
Post 3 of 5

Hi

Yes, that's precisely the case. Spent a couple of hours this morning, resetting, rebooting etc everything with no joy. Went to work for a few hours and when I came back, everything was back to normal again. Obviously I'm pleased, but it's really weird. This is the second time that a brief power cut had caused the exact same issue. 

Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 5

It does weirdly seem like a faulty router. You dont by any chance use WiFi boosters do you?

Runner
Post 5 of 5

No. I use powerline adapters, though. 

Recommended Threads
14-05-2018 06:50 PM
25-04-2018 01:09 PM
18-06-2018 08:11 PM
22-03-2018 07:09 PM
Wednesday 09:27 PM