Discussion topic: No broadband for 6 days

This message was authored by Wynconwy56 This message was authored by: Wynconwy56

No broadband for 6 days

No broadband since 16.9.24 due to 'outage in local area' Not getting any updates on what issue is or when it will be resolved, very frustrating and impacting on 3 people trying to work from home.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No broadband for 6 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wynconwy56 unfortunately where there is afault affecting an area it is almost impossible to know how long itvwill take to get fixed as it all depends on what is the cause. Take a fairly common issue where a car hits a street cabinet which needs replacing, often they need a team to remove the damaged kit, make good the base source and install a new cabinet and tgen the painstaking task of connecting the several bundred lines starts there are of course multiple other causes modt get fixed in a few days some take weeks a few can go on for months but yhst is very rare . Openreach who do this work dont give a running commenray to their customers who include Sky who in turn cannot really tell you anything.

You should be due compensation as explained here Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com. You are using what is sold as a domestic connection for work which is fine but that does not increae the priority you get

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Wynconwy56
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wynconwy56 This message was authored by: Wynconwy56

Re: No broadband for 6 days

Still no broadband and still no timescale for return. I would accept that in initial outage it maybe difficult to assess repair/ return timescales but after a week I would expect Openreach to have assessed that and passed the information onto Sky who would then pass same to customer.

one thing I don't understand is how my 2 neighbours still have WiFi, not Sky customers, but we're stand alone house in the country which I would assume are serviced through open reach by the same exchange, wires, posts etc!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion