Discussion topic: No Broadband for 8 days!!!

This message was authored by Snedders9 This message was authored by: Snedders9

No Broadband for 8 days!!!

Bo'ness area - no broadband for 8 days and no update from Sky.  BT Openreach issue apparently yet we hear nothing from Sky.  45 minutes on a call to get someone who cannot provide any kind of update.  Is there a number or team that can provide proper updates??

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No Broadband for 8 days!!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Snedders9 

Sky rely on updates from Openreach who aren't the best in that respect. There is no special number/department. FYI the below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when the fault is first reported to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Snedders9 Sky will know very little unfortunately as with area wide Openreach outages often local media will know more. The one thing nobody can tell you is when your service will be reconnected as normally the engineers doing the work cannot predict that themselves.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Chrisee 

Bo'ness is just over 10 miles from Livingston . I wonder if its an earlier manifestation of the recent outage . You'd think sky would have a interest in sorting the issues out

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

That is true @cookiemonsteruk but Sky's Livingston campus might not encourage Openreach in quite the same way.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion