Discussion topic: New router worse service

This message was authored by FMcC This message was authored by: FMcC

New router worse service

I had a new router with fibre to the house installed yesterday morning and an "upgrade" to the Ultrafast 1 broadband package. I was promised minimum of 100mb download speed.

Since the router install the speed has bounced between 16mb and 150mb and all the devices in the house have developed an unstable connection...Alexas are connected then lose connection minutes later and are booted off the network, Sky TV works for a while then loses connection, the Govee lights we have connected to the Alexas keep disconnecting, internet apps on the TV don't work and phone WiFi is crushingly slow. We are constantly having to reconnect and refresh. We've followed the trouble shooting multiple times, we've chatted to the online bot (who pointed us to the trouble shooting), we've called the phone number and talked to the phone bot who sent me a text pointing me to the trouble shooting. I just want a real live person to fix my problem.

To be honest, right now, I just want my old service back. It was fine. I wish I'd never taken the sales call. 

Any help gratefully received. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion