Discussion topic: New customer Sky max hub not found on devices.

This message was authored by OldSoulKev This message was authored by: OldSoulKev

New customer Sky max hub not found on devices.

I'm a new customer and my service was setup and installed yeaterday. It was working fine yesterday. This morning after waking up no devices could find my sky max hub. The device isn't listed. We've confirmed this across 3 mobile phones, 2 laptops and the sky stream puck. I have tried the steps in the my sky app to troubleshoot issues. Rebooting the hub. Disconnect and reconnect the ethernet. Nothing works, the sky hub isn't showing any network connection. I've run the service checker several times over the day. It states everything is working, which it isn't. This is beyond frustrating.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lettuce This message was authored by: Lettuce Answer

Re: New customer Sky max hub not found on devices.

Hi so mines now fixed turn it off. Un plug for 1 minute and then let it load and then press the wps button for around 30 seconds then the light  change colour and flash  then will go off let go then let it reload up the light will go several colours it takes a while but it worked. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Al_why This message was authored by: Al_why

Ours is the same. Was working fine all day until about half an hour ago. App says all is OK but can't see it on any devices.
This message was authored by Lettuce This message was authored by: Lettuce

Did you sort this we have the same problem 

OldSoulKev
Topic Author
This message was authored by OldSoulKev This message was authored by: OldSoulKev

@Lettuce

Nope, not yet. They're going to call me back tomorrow (Sat) sometime between 9.00am & 9.00pm !!

Unless they can somehow remotely restore the wi-fi signal from the hub, I suspect I'll need a new hub.

I have however, ran an ethernet cable from the hub direct to the puck and my TV service then works fine, so it's definitely a dodgy hub. I've let them know this, so I can only hope they take this onboard before they eventually ring me. 

This message was authored by Lettuce This message was authored by: Lettuce Answer

Hi so mines now fixed turn it off. Un plug for 1 minute and then let it load and then press the wps button for around 30 seconds then the light  change colour and flash  then will go off let go then let it reload up the light will go several colours it takes a while but it worked. 

OldSoulKev
Topic Author

Holding down the Wps button to reset the hub has also worked for me!

Thanks! Would never have thought to try that if you hadn't said.

This message was authored by Stu761 This message was authored by: Stu761

Mine sky max is still have issues with wifi was installed on the 18th of sept same issue waiting in a long queue now with sky 

This message was authored by Michael2710 This message was authored by: Michael2710

My "ultra fast broadband" was installed the same day (18th Sept) and I still can't make or receive phone calls.  Sky Max Hub is not showing on the app.  Reported the issue to Sky numerous times to no effect. They just disconnected a mobile phone call from me after I was holding on for 37 minutes. 
Not an impressive start!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion