Discussion topic: New Max hub and Blink Sync won't connect.

This message was authored by Twisted-Hazel This message was authored by: Twisted-Hazel

New Max hub and Blink Sync won't connect.

I have the new Sky max hub, (switched from BT) and my blink sync module will not connect to it.  I have already tried diabling the 5gz, rebooting the hub and connecting, but it just keeps telling me the wifi password is wrong.  It is not; Ive checked and re-checked it a dozen times.  Aparently, it could be the software: 802.11...ax, but it is supposed to backward compatible.  So, any suggestions?  The virtual assistant was virtually useless and there's no way of getting an answer from SKY.  Have I made the wrong choice to move to SKY?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Rhinoss7 This message was authored by: Rhinoss7 Answer

Re: New Max hub and Blink Sync won't connect.

I had exactly the same issue. I actually rang customer support and they took me through some steps (which I was very cynical about) - the only thing I did which they didn't suggest was I changed the security to WPA2. They had access to my blink app and it seems they updated the firmware or something but to cut a long story short it is connected and fine even with the security set back to its default level. This is the number I called was for the UK customer service on their website help section.

The call took 22 minutes including hold time. Hope that helps!

Regards,

Iain

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Twisted-Hazel try changing the wifi security leve l from WPA3T to WPA2 some devices havecissues with the new security level. Setting should be in the My Sky Sky Max settings.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Twisted-Hazel
Topic Author
This message was authored by Twisted-Hazel This message was authored by: Twisted-Hazel

Hi Chrisee, thank you for the suggestion, I've tried that too and it still won't connect.  😕

This message was authored by Rhinoss7 This message was authored by: Rhinoss7 Answer

I had exactly the same issue. I actually rang customer support and they took me through some steps (which I was very cynical about) - the only thing I did which they didn't suggest was I changed the security to WPA2. They had access to my blink app and it seems they updated the firmware or something but to cut a long story short it is connected and fine even with the security set back to its default level. This is the number I called was for the UK customer service on their website help section.

The call took 22 minutes including hold time. Hope that helps!

Regards,

Iain

Twisted-Hazel
Topic Author

Thank you, Iain.   I will look for that number on Blink.  Sky were really unhelpful, but I'm hoping this works.  Much appreciated.  😊

Twisted-Hazel
Topic Author

@Rhinoss7  Thanks for this help, it worked, they updated the firmware and I'm connected.  Great help!

This message was authored by Kazza061073 This message was authored by: Kazza061073

Hi i am having the same problem what number did you ring please !!!!!
This message was authored by Rhinoss7 This message was authored by: Rhinoss7

Twisted-Hazel
Topic Author

Hi @Kazza061073, yes, I rang the number for the UK and Europe, as@Rhinoss7 suggested.  0115.... They talked me through some things, updated the firmware and it still wouldn't connect.  Blink said it was a sky issue, something about firewalls, but sky couldn't help at all and nothing was changed.    However, I left it and tried again an hour later and then it did work.  Maybe the hub needed time to reconfigure?   I dont know enough about the technicalities.  I hope it works for you.

This message was authored by Kazza061073 This message was authored by: Kazza061073

Updated firmware on the Blink product ????
Twisted-Hazel
Topic Author

Hi @Kazza061073 .  Yes, they connected to the blink hub via the online access.  ( You have to be on the telephone with them and they talk you through the process and get your permission to access the hub. )

It really was simple and worked for me after a long and frustrating week trying everything else.   Good luck. 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion