Discussion topic: Nest thermostat keeps showing offline after broadband upgrade to fibre

This message was authored by pablo56 This message was authored by: pablo56

Nest thermostat keeps showing offline after broadband upgrade to fibre

I recently upgraded to fibre broadband with sky.  Previously my Nest thermostat  worked fine but now randomly and frequently the Nest app (on mobile and pc) shows it as OFFLINE even though when checking on the thermo screen it shows as connected.  I have tried loads of stuff to fix - resetting the thermo, deleting and re-adding to the app, disabling IPv6 on the router, forcing the thermo to connect to a 2.4 Ghz network, turning off and disconnecting DECT phones, rebooting the router etc - but nothing works.  The new router supplied by sky seems to be the same model as previous but I am wondering if it has been preconfigured with something which is causing the Nest to appear to be offline.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so can you point me to the fix please?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Nest thermostat keeps showing offline after broadband upgrade to fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@pablo56 Your new router should be running the same firmware as your older model. It could simply be an issue with wifi interference with a neighbour's network using the same of adjacent Wifi channel. Restarting the hub will make it usethe best wifi channel but the best channel near the hub may not be the best near the thermostat. 

If you have an Android phone download the free app Wifi Analyzer which shows all of the Wifi signals in range with their signal strength and channel which may allow yountomfind a better 2.4GHz channel to use see Change your Sky WiFi channel

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
pablo56
Topic Author
This message was authored by pablo56 This message was authored by: pablo56

Hi:

Thanks for your reply.  I have already scanned using NetSpot and tried several channels but still have the same issue.  And my Nest Thermostat is only 3 metres away from the router and in line of sight!  I have also tried connecting to an AP further away behind walls to check if the signal from the router is too strong - but the issue still persists.  And when the app says the thermo is offline it still works when you use the dial!

I'm baffled and frustrated.

This message was authored by Onlythismoment This message was authored by: Onlythismoment

Following. Same issues with Comcast. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Onlythismoment  Comcast as a broadband provider don't operate in the UK, although Sky UK is owned by Comcast.

Are you in the UK?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion