Discussion topic: Need engineer to set up my WiFi

This message was authored by Trish777 This message was authored by: Trish777

Need engineer to set up my WiFi

Hi guys brand new customer 👍anyway got the package in post and it’s in opened.  As I’m only gettin WiFi does that mean I 😳have to this gadget up .. because I can’t .. I just about joined this sky forum . So what happens now. Coz I don’t do online am old .. old enough anyway 

can someone help please 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Need engineer to set up my WiFi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trish777  Did you order broadband thorugh Sky (assuming you have is you have the hub).

This being the case you should have been given a go live date from Sky, you can also check your order tracking page https://www.sky.com/ordertracking

If you have a working line in the property connection is normally done remotely.

You can plug it in ready for the go live date, as you may not get an engineer to the property.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Need engineer to set up my WiFi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trish777 in most cases it is simply plugging the hub into the mains and the phone lead into your home's master phone socket. There is a leaflet in the box explaining the set up if you need help post on the forum someone will help you. The cables are colour coded. The most complicated bit is connecting your devices to the new wifi network which you have to do yourself but the password is printed on the hub and there is a card with it on as well. If you get stuck just postvagain and someone will try to help.

The only engineer installations arecwhere other work id required in your home such as running a new fibre line to replace the copper phone line there the engineer will connect up the hub and emonstarte the connection on one of your devices.

Iy have a dsiability then register with https://www.skyaccessibility.sky

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion