Discussion topic: My new Samsung tv won’t connect to wireles. Spoken to Samsung and the say my bandwidth should be 2.

This message was authored by Freda+Hogan This message was authored by: Freda+Hogan

My new Samsung tv won’t connect to wireles. Spoken to Samsung and the say my bandwidth should be 2.

My  new Samsung tv, won't connect with my wi fi. I've spoken to Samsung who say my bandwidth should be 2.4.  My internet is working, can get the old content on the new screen.  I've had no previous problems with the wi fi and Q box.

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: My new Samsung tv won’t connect to wireles. Spoken to Samsung and the say my bandwidth should b

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Freda+Hogan 

That is a new tv with all the bells and whistles.

I would advise you seperate the wifi bands and use the 5ghz wifi and follow the steps at the top of the page as below

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

Alternatively can you use ethernet cable

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: My new Samsung tv won’t connect to wireles. Spoken to Samsung and the say my bandwidth should b

@Freda+Hogan 

What hub do you have, black or white?

What samsung model do you have?

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Freda+Hogan
Topic Author
This message was authored by Freda+Hogan This message was authored by: Freda+Hogan

I have a black Hub, model number  is ue43du8000.  I'm not young and I find it all confusing

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Freda+Hogan 

That is a new tv with all the bells and whistles.

I would advise you seperate the wifi bands and use the 5ghz wifi and follow the steps at the top of the page as below

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

Alternatively can you use ethernet cable

Freda+Hogan
Topic Author

Many thanks for your help, I'm going to get my grandson to come round tomorrow epwith an Ethernet cable.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Freda+Hogan 

I would recommendwat least category 5e ethernet cable of sufficient length to go round all corners between router and tv.  Mines 15 metres to my sky stream but you can get longer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion