Discussion topic: My hub hasn't arrived...

This message was authored by JerryH2024 This message was authored by: JerryH2024

Re: My hub hasn't arrived...

I phoned Sky yesterday and I was told that my existing Router/Hub - SR204 version 4.2 - was OK to be used with Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 (the new service I have signed-up for). 
That is the reason I have only received the "Conversion Kit" - a fancy name for an Ethernet cable 😂

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JerryH2024 that is correct the SR203 and much rarer SR204 are the standard hubs used for full fibre services. You simply disconnect the lead used to connect the hub to the old phone socket and the installation engineer willl use the new ethernet lead to connect from the new ONT unit to the hub using the ethernet port 4 which acts as a WAN input. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by ZoeT77 This message was authored by: ZoeT77

Same deal as so many others on here. We are due to go active tommorrow chaning from BT Full fibre to sky but no Hub received and order status simply showing Awaiting dispatch - coming soon. We have spoken to sky endless times this week but its like talking to a brick wall. last chap stated Engineer will bring one but there is no Engineer coming as we already have Full fibre and an open reach box and Sky have confirmed in writing the switchover will happen remotely. We live in an isolated village with no mobile signal so need Internet to use VOIP. BT have co armed they are cutting us off tommorrow so will be 100% in the dark unless the hub arrives. Starting to regret ever switching to Sky and hope someone on here can shine some hope/light in the situation??

This message was authored by Uselesssky This message was authored by: Uselesssky

I'm writing this in February 2024 and this issue still hasn't been fixed. (removed)

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by tiredCoder This message was authored by: tiredCoder

I've noticed that many people haven't received their hub on time. I'm switching from BT Full Fibre to Sky Ultrafast Plus in three days, but I haven't seen any information in the emails from Sky or in my product section regarding the Sky Hub. There's no mention of when it will be dispatched. I still have the old Sky Hub SR203, which I used over two years ago before switching to BT. Does this mean I can use this old hub? Have I overlooked any details about the hub? Thank you

This message was authored by Colettet This message was authored by: Colettet

Hello, we are now in April 24 and seems there still must be a probelm with dispatch as I have no router and my WiFi and been switched off by my old providered today. 
Very frustrating when I WFH and have a Sky Glass as now nothing works! 

This message was authored by tiredCoder This message was authored by: tiredCoder

My new router never arrived 🤷‍♂️. It seems having the default router when you switch is not an option anymore. So, I connected my old Sky Hub, and it works fine.
I also found instructions on how to use a non-Sky router somewhere in the Sky community.”

This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

Hello,

Like many others on here I've from BT Full Fibre to Sky Ultrafast Plus and due to switch in 2 days  but I haven't seen any information in the emails from Sky or in my product section regarding the Sky Hub.

I work from home and my order goes back exactly a month ago. What's going on this is not a great start.

This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

Ok as a contingency, as I work from home, I bought it eBay a second hand Sky Hub SR203. Will this work then until my new hub arrives?

This message was authored by AndrewP86 This message was authored by: AndrewP86

My service is due to go live on Wednesday 10th April 2024, but the Sky Max Hub still hasn't been dispatched.

I called Sky today and the advisor wasn't very helpful. He said the router should arrive in time and if it doesn't then my existing BT broadband router should continue to work.

This message was authored by JJH1987 This message was authored by: JJH1987

Sky hub still awaiting dispatch

Hello, my internet is due to switch from BT to Sky tomorrow. April 10th. It says the Sky internet hub is still awaiting dispatch. 
I rang sky yesterday and they said their system said it was in 48hr delivery time with Royal Mail. I am a brand new customer to Sky and thought this would be an easy process. How do I escalate this if the WiFi hub doesn't turn up before BT turn off their services to me?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky hub still awaiting dispatch

@JJH1987 if the hub still hasn't arrived by the time your service is activated call Sky again and they should overnight one to you. The dispatch notification someyimes lag so can't be relied on but occasionally Unipart, Sky's logistics supplier mesess up.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Bethany931 This message was authored by: Bethany931

We are due to be activated by Sky Broadband tomorrow but our hub still hasnt arrived yet?

rang sky yesterday and they told me it was out for delivery but still nothing yet?

why is this? And what should we do? 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Bethany931  What information does it give you in track orders in my account?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Bethany931 This message was authored by: Bethany931

It just keeps saying coming soon on delivery date? But they told me it's our for delivery?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion