Discussion topic: My broadband isn’t stable

This message was authored by Travellingkat This message was authored by: Travellingkat

My broadband isn’t stable

Currently it's dropping out a few times a day - this problem has been since around two weeks ago. No real issues before then.IMG_0052.png

Best Answers
This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1 Answer

Re: My broadband isn’t stable

@Travellingkat 

They do, but when you have an intermitant issue like you have, and you do NOT call them directlly

the will never know, If you have a landline calling 150 get's you to SKY and you have to fight the BOT.

The suggestion on the post is then down to you as the CUSTOMER which way to go.

If anyone can be off assistance we are here to help. Have a good one. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Gullett125 This message was authored by: Gullett125

Mine is doing the same, so I think it's a sky problem
This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Travellingkat 

Your wan line did drop, but that can be for a number of various reason's can you give a little more detail,

do you see any change on the led's on the router, it looks like it auto reconnect's as your WiFi is staying

up and you are not having to power of, and finally which router and service do you have if you know. 

Travellingkat
Topic Author
This message was authored by Travellingkat This message was authored by: Travellingkat

It drops a few times a day and then reconnects (but this is an issue as I work from home and can be in the middle of a meeting when it happens!)

Im not sure of the whole info of the connection - it's the hub and it is through a micro filter.

Travellingkat
Topic Author

When it drops then there is a change in the LEDs (it often goes orange and then back to green again). 

@Travellingkat 

That will be the Internet dropping the line, also on your router 3 or 4 led's standup or lay flat.

will also copy a link so you can say which you have, i would start by replacing the DSL filter, maybe

you have a spare one lying around.

Setting up your Sky hub | Sky Help | Sky.com

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Travellingkat& @Gullett125  Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Gullett125 This message was authored by: Gullett125

I have!!! It says everything is ok. My devices have lost connection around 5-6 times already today 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Travellingkat 

BT Openreach has a threshold for reporting a fault as ten drops a day or extended downtime that is a result of broadband line errors. Usually, with a broadband line like yours BT Openreach DLM system will attempt to stabilise the broadband line, unfortunately, it isn't perfect and with intermittent issues it sometimes fails and a human has to be assigned to address the issue, eg: Sky or BT Openreach engineer.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@Travellingkat 

We are customers like yourself trying to assist you as best we can, your working from home does not apply and a few times on your first post to more? if you wish to call SKY customer support that is also an option, but if they test and find no fault you will probablly not get an engineer visit.

Travellingkat
Topic Author

I appreciate all the advice from everyone. It's very kind of customers to reach out and offer help - Sky should have a system where you can talk to one of their people to see if a problem can be resolved.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1 Answer

@Travellingkat 

They do, but when you have an intermitant issue like you have, and you do NOT call them directlly

the will never know, If you have a landline calling 150 get's you to SKY and you have to fight the BOT.

The suggestion on the post is then down to you as the CUSTOMER which way to go.

If anyone can be off assistance we are here to help. Have a good one. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gullett125 Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion