Discussion topic: My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot be star

This message was authored by stephenwong56 This message was authored by: stephenwong56

My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot be star

My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot be started remotely.

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot ...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @stephenwong56 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
stephenwong56
Topic Author
This message was authored by stephenwong56 This message was authored by: stephenwong56

I want to ask an engineer to come and inspect my home.

I want to ask an engineer to come and inspect my home.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I want to ask an engineer to come and inspect my home.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stephenwong56 

That won't happen unless you've logged a fault and Sky thinks a visit is required to resolve it.

What issue are you experiencing?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@stephenwong56 you are not talking to Sky when posting in the forum. Sky do have Broadband engineers but they are only used for specific tasks like setting up new connections although they can advise customers with Sky's WiFi max bundle who require help in getting the guaranteed wifi speeds.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I want to invite an engineer to come to my h: I want to ask an engineer to come and inspect my h

@stephenwong56 

Your latest new thread has been removed. Multiple threads just waste time. Have you engaged in the chat invite that was sent to you yesterday as per post 2? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I want to invite an engineer to come to my h: I want to ask an engineer to come and inspect my h

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@stephenwong56 

Your latest new thread has been removed. Multiple threads just waste time. Have you engaged in the chat invite that was sent to you yesterday as per post 2? 

As has another thread regarding the same thing

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@stephenwong56 Posting numerous times you want an enginer won't actually get one, but if you engage with the Chat team they may, if required, book one.  You should see the invite, you need to use that to speak to them. 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot ...

@stephenwong56 
You should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically (so basically it's valid until about 0854 tomorrow morning). If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @stephenwong56 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

stephenwong56
Topic Author

What should I do if my newly installed broadband is out of network? There is no signal during remote startup on July 9, what should I do?

@stephenwong56 wrote:

what should I do?

@stephenwong56 

What you should have done was engaged in the private chat with the Messaging Team that we arranged for you. Do you want to try that again? Are you going to participate? 

Sky customer since 2001

Re: My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot be

@stephenwong56 

You clearly aren't reading the posts we are replying with as you're regularly posting exact duplicates which we're having to remove. Please read the replies we are giving. If you won't engage in the chat invites your only alternative is to call Sky. 

Sky customer since 2001
stephenwong56
Topic Author

Re: My broadband does not reach my room, my SKY box does not have Internet access, and it cannot be

How to participate in chat invitation

@stephenwong56 wrote:

How to participate in chat invitation

@stephenwong56 

That was explained to you (by me) earlier in the thread. The chat was closed as you didn't take part in it. I've already asked if you are willing to try again. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion