Discussion topic: My Ring doorbell will not connect to my new Sky Router and broadband yet every other device has

This message was authored by ZanieK This message was authored by: ZanieK

My Ring doorbell will not connect to my new Sky Router and broadband yet every other device has

I have just switched from BT to Sky as my internet provider.

All devices in the house are connecting except my Ring doorbell and camera. 
I am finding it incredibly frustrating 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: My Ring doorbell will not connect to my new Sky Router and broadband yet every other device has

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ZanieK  Which router did Sky supply you for your broadband from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
ZanieK
Topic Author

Re: My Ring doorbell will not connect to my new Sky Router and broadband yet every other device has

Sky broadband hub 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@ZanieK  Looks like you might need to split the Wi-Fi bands to see if the ring doorbell will connect. This can be done by following the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610 

ZanieK
Topic Author

It just says safari cannot open page as server dropped connection . I didn't have any of these issues with BT . Should I be regretting my decision ? 

@ZanieK  Are you able to use another browser to connect to the router landing page, like chrome?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion