Discussion topic: Moving socket - electrician

This message was authored by Malawishandy This message was authored by: Malawishandy

Moving socket - electrician

The sky engineer fitted my master socket right next to the face of the fireplace. I did mention to him that I would need to get it moved - as soon as I installed a socket on the other side of the room the following day - and was told this would be no problem.

I did call Sky to arrange this - the first time a month ago- and was told that OpenReach is not talking bookings for this right now. I called again today and was told the same. No bookings for relocations...you can book for new installations though it seems.

Anyway - can I get my normal electrician to move the socket?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Moving socket - electrician

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Malawishandy 

Relocations seem to be impossible to get at the moment, I assume this is because Openreach are too busy carrying out repairs & new installs. 

In Openreaches eyes you wouldnt be able to get your electrician to move the socket as any master socket is property of Openreach. Although I suppose there isnt really anything stopping you doing so. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion