Discussion topic: Moving home and there is already a sky dish installed

This message was authored by MrTJP This message was authored by: MrTJP

Moving home and there is already a sky dish installed

I should be moving home at the end of February. I am not a Sky customer but the current owners of the house we are moving to, already use Sky with a dish installed and wifi boosters around the house.

I want to become a sky customer when we make the move - and need to get everything set up asap, as my wife and I both work from home and would need internet / wifi asap.

What is the process and how much time do we need to give, to ensure a smooth transition? Does everything need to be done online - or can I speak to somebody about the move?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Moving home and there is already a sky dish installed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can see which broadband packages Sky can offer at your new address and sign up online here: https://www.sky.com/broadband

There's typically a delay of two weeks before a new broadband service can be activated.

You'll need to give notice to cancel the broadband service with your current provider, of course.

The satellite dish plays no part in provision of a broadband service - it's delivered either via the telephone line, or fibre optic cable depending on which your new home has.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

You can see which broadband packages Sky can offer at your new address and sign up online here: https://www.sky.com/broadband

There's typically a delay of two weeks before a new broadband service can be activated.

You'll need to give notice to cancel the broadband service with your current provider, of course.

The satellite dish plays no part in provision of a broadband service - it's delivered either via the telephone line, or fibre optic cable depending on which your new home has.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MrTJP 

As @Mark39 indicates, Sky is not a satellite ISP and a Sky dish has no internet functionality.

The property previously being supplied with Sky television (and perhaps Sky Broadband over copper or optical cable) has no bearing on the lead time involved in provisioning new service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
MrTJP
Topic Author
This message was authored by MrTJP This message was authored by: MrTJP

Thanks for answering my query. Very much appreciated!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion