Discussion topic: Max hub

This message was authored by Nicki684 This message was authored by: Nicki684

Max hub

Recently got sky max hub, but security cameras won’t work ….. they work off 2.5G….can anyone tell me hid the max hub is 5G ??

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Max hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nicki684 

The Max Hub, like the Sky Broadband Hub and Q Hub models, broadcasts the same SSID (network name) on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.  Unlike its predecessors, the bands cannot be manually split.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Did you upgrade to the max hub or switch from another provider?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Nicki684 the work round is to turn off the 5GHz band using the My Sky app connect the smart devices and then turn it back on which should work.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@mormegil the Max hub is only issued if the customer orders the Sky Wifi Max bundle whether as a new or existing customer. Oddly if they cancel the bundle during the cooling off period they keep it but have to return any pods.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Yes I know that is why I asked which method they used to obtain the max hub as if it's a upgrade you can reprogram the new hub with the old sky ssid and password via the app so everything connects automatically 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion