Discussion topic: Master Socket Relocation

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Master Socket Relocation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BillyLenny1One thing that does come to mind, this master socket is not part of a FTTP install, should have asked this question at the start.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

BillyLenny1
Topic Author
This message was authored by BillyLenny1 This message was authored by: BillyLenny1

Sorry i don't know what a FTTP install is .

I how have a email from Openreach stating it is SKY responsibility to request openreach to move the socket witch i obviously have to pay for witch is ok with me .

i have not heard back from customer services yet if i do i will emall them in email i got from Openreach 

if not i will be back on the phone next week .

i will let you now what happens thanks

This message was authored by Popette+Mummy This message was authored by: Popette+Mummy

I'm in the same position as yourself - did you ever get it sorted ? 

BillyLenny1
Topic Author
This message was authored by BillyLenny1 This message was authored by: BillyLenny1

No i am still in a disagreement with them over this and of course customer service complants department has not bothered to reply i will get on to them again next week .

This message was authored by Popette+Mummy This message was authored by: Popette+Mummy

I'll let you know if I have any success as well

BillyLenny1
Topic Author

@Popette+Mummy  Thanks i will too

This message was authored by 0114town This message was authored by: 0114town

Hi - I'm now also having this issue - did you manage to resolve this?

@BillyLenny1 

This message was authored by gilliegoat This message was authored by: gilliegoat

I also need master socket relocated- currently halfway up wall by my dining table, opposite side to where all the satellite inputs and tv are.  Using phone cable extension leads at moment - have only recently moved in and need to decorate asap and don't want to have to do so around stupidly located phone socket.   When I was able to have Virgin had several phone sockets- unfortunately no Virgin service where I live now!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@gilliegoat give Sky a call they can arrange to get this done but there maybe a charge. If its a job one of Sky's engineers can do its normally around £65 but if Openreach are required it can be more. Cheapest and easiest way to call Sky is to dial 150 on your Sky Talk line.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by mjhagger This message was authored by: mjhagger

I'm also stuck in this ridiculous position, need the socket moved because its position is super unhelpful and about to be covered with kitchen units.  But Sky will not request a move because they don't "own" it apparently.

Has anyone had any success navigating this?

This message was authored by MaurzS This message was authored by: MaurzS

I'm having this problem too.

Moved house three months ago and my master socket is in a cupboard under the stairs. The nearest plug socket is next to my front door so I've got cables trailing and my router sitting on the floor in the middle of my hallway. 

Tried phoning sky just now and the person on the phone kept interuptting me saying 'open reach aren't doing it' without really listening to what I'm trying to ask.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@MaurzSI would try again and get a different agent. Not heard anything to say that master socket moves are not getting done again.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion