Discussion topic: Linksys MR7350 FTTH Ireland

This message was authored by ChrisDes This message was authored by: ChrisDes

Linksys MR7350 FTTH Ireland

Hi There, 

Just switched from Virgin Media to Sky this month ( 1gb fibre to the home) When with Virgin, I had the super hub in modem mode and was using 2 Linksys Velop mesh units  for WiFi. 

I'm wondering if I can replace the sky hub completely with a Linksys MR7350 by just plugging the ethernet from ONT into it and I can place the velop nodes around the house to create a more stable network?

I currently have two wifi signals ( one from the sky hub and the other from the mesh network) the sky wifi is currently delivering faster speeds over the mesh but I'm hoping once I consolidate into one mesh signal speeds will improve .

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Linksys MR7350 FTTH Ireland

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisDes This post  discusses how to connect to Sky Ireland fibre services generally. The Irish services use PPOE so are far simpler then the ones Sky use in the UK. Alternatively you could simply turn off the wifi on the Sky hub 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
ChrisDes
Topic Author

Thanks Chrisee,  i saw this thread but i was wondering if anyone had used the Linksys Router - i previously purchased the TP - AC2100 but wasn't able to get it to work, assume its because the connection is PPOE 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisDes 

I've seen people try and fail to use a Linksys router on Sky broadband but that is due to the requirement of the DHCP Option 61 field that the Linksys doesnt seem to have. However since you are in Ireland you should be able to connect it no problem.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
ChrisDes
Topic Author

Thanks  @jamesn123  I'll take a punt an buy on Amazon - if it doesn't work i can always send back 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion