Discussion topic: Laying of casings

This message was authored by AMx1223 This message was authored by: AMx1223

Laying of casings

I have been told Open Reach need to lay casings to protect cables, however casing (conduit) already exists. I could pull a cable for them. How can I get open reach to use the existing casing?

Note Fibre exists in JB on drive way - 1inch (approx) casing in good condition runs from JB on driveway to my door.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Laying of casings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AMx1223 

I believe Openreach will only used their casings/routes. You would need to speak to an Openreach engineer directly when they attend the job

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
AMx1223
Topic Author
This message was authored by AMx1223 This message was authored by: AMx1223

It would be great to talk to a person - open reach will put the phone down on you if you dare to call, and the engineer will not knock on the door !. Therefore I can not explain to them that there already exists a 30mm pipe with phone line there is pleanty of space for a 6mm fibre. This is a simple job but they will not look. Sky will not help apparently they can only place a ticket on open reach to which they give a standard reply -re casings. How do you raise a complaint to open reach to look at this properly?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AMx1223  You can't raise anything to Openreach, you're not their customer Sky is.  Your only option is to wait untul the engineer comes to see if they will use the existing ducting.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion