Discussion topic: Internet drops every 1-2 hours 'No fault found'

This message was authored by p+Evans This message was authored by: p+Evans

Internet drops every 1-2 hours 'No fault found'

I've got an ongoing issue which started shortly after 'upgrading' to fibre. Every 1 to 2 hours the connection drops totally and reconnects within about 3 minutes, all the lights on the router go off except the power light. Ive ran the online tests numerous times, spoke to 6 or 7 sky support staff to just be told there is no fault, had a new router sent out and then last friday an openreach engineer came out just to say that their side of it was faultless and is a Sky issue. I have no issues with speed or Wifi coverage. can anyone help? Im close to going to another ISP. Thanks, Phil

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Internet drops every 1-2 hours 'No fault found'

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@p+Evans   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

p+Evans
Topic Author

image_jpeg.jfif

These are the router stats from about 15 mins ago showing the last outage was 50 odd mins ago.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@p+Evans  When the drops happen does the router do a full power cycle, as in the power light goes red?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
p+Evans
Topic Author

@Highlinder No the power light stays green. Thanks

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@p+Evans  Looking at the router stats would say that the router has been power cycled, that is the reason for the question. Can you post your router stats again straight after it happens again please.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
p+Evans
Topic Author

@Highlinder I wonder if its worth trying another transformer? I used the old one with the replacement router. Ill post the stats once it fails again. Thanks for your help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion