Discussion topic: Internet dropout, amber voice light.

This message was authored by Ian+New This message was authored by: Ian+New

Internet dropout, amber voice light.

Hi I've got Sky Ultrafast Plus fibre broadband with what I think is the latest hub. 

I've had this problem for months but have never got round to calling sky. I got sky glass around a month ago and with it being all Internet based the issue has been made more annoying. 

The problem being the Internet will just drop off completely at least once a day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, and when I say Internet I don't mean WiFi, I mean the whole lot. When this happens the Amber voice light comes on the hub. I'm not complaining about speeds because I'm getting 350 - 500 Mbps even on WiFi. 

I'm getting to the end of my tether with it though, watching TV in bed through the puck which is connected via ethernet going off every night and having to then unplug hub,  Wait, boot back up and wait again. 

Let me stress this isn't a WiFi issue at all. All connections go off from router.

I had a sky tech engineer out a few years ago regarding this problem he said my set up was fine as in placements etc, so ordered a new hub for me. But this continues.

What I want to know is, is this a know problem of the sky hub? And would getting a 3rd party router solve it?

Thanks

Screenshot_20220919_092705.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Internet dropout, amber voice light.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian+New 

Can you please post a fresh set of router stats as well as your support log after the next time the issue occurs since the stats you posted show no drops since the router was last rebooted (16hours ago at the time of your post.)

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion