Discussion topic: Internet and Voice light on hub keeps going out

This message was authored by Kimbleberry1 This message was authored by: Kimbleberry1

Internet and Voice light on hub keeps going out

Internet dropping out and when checking through hub the Internet light is off and the voice light is orange. When it went off yesterday morning the checker told me it was an external issue and an open reach engineer was tasked. Today I had the same issue but the checker is telling me the broadband and WiFi is fine. Back online and lights back on after an hour of nothing and no change in the home.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Internet and Voice light on hub keeps going out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kimbleberry1  When was the engineer supposed to be looking into this?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Kimbleberry1  When was the engineer supposed to be looking into this?

This message was authored by NELVON This message was authored by: NELVON

Having the same issue. Internet and voice Orange light. How do I get to talk to a person and get an engineer out. I am just directed to endless web links - ALL of which I have tried!!

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@NELVON  Does your voice light ever change from amber at all to green or just go off at times?

While the internet light has been flashing orange, for the last day, the voice light has never been green. Either steady orange or off.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@NELVON  Is your internet light still flashing amber if so can you follow the directions below please.

Can you please run the service checker, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

After the service checker completes and if it comes back green all good can you click on broadband to run an updated test please. If you get amber or red please follow the on screen instructions.

@Highlinder 

we have tried that several times. 

It runs for a couple of minutes and then comes back with an error message- That it cannot find the broadband router!

If I try it now (although I am not at home) i would get this error message from sky (the checker is down)sky error.jpg

Kimbleberry1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kimbleberry1 This message was authored by: Kimbleberry1

I have only received a text msg stating 'Hi, it's Openreach. Your provider has reported a fault. An engineer will be allocated to investigate. Tests suggest the fault is outside of your premises. To discuss your fault or any queries, please contact your service provider'. Not heard anything since and there is no pattern to when the internet drops out. 

I came home at 1200 today and there was no internet, I looked on 'MySky' app and it said a fault was detected for both broadband and wifi from 1133. Yet when I ran the check myself it said everything was fine even though there was no internet. 

The only suspicious coincidence is that I downgraded my TV package a few days ago. Broadband is the same deal though.

@NELVON I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147/

Thanks @Highlinder 👍

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @NELVON.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion