Discussion topic: Internet always dropping out

This message was authored by Giggsy1977 This message was authored by: Giggsy1977

Re: Internet always dropping out

Stats look pretty good. Noise margin around 6db (can drop to 3db if your line is stable and you're on a Huawei cabinet). 

Might be worth posting your router log next time the connection drops and see if anyone on here can shed some light. 

Not a sky subscriber
This message was authored by Giggsy1977 This message was authored by: Giggsy1977

Have you run the line tests? If it detects an issue with your line it will allow an engineer to be booked. 

Not a sky subscriber
This message was authored by F1footyfan This message was authored by: F1footyfan

Sky engineer came out, changed my hub, master socket and cable and all seems sorted. Even gave me a WiFi booster for upstairs. Appears the access points I have (ubiquiti) don't play very well with Sky equipment. 🤷🏼‍♂️

@Gmcglashan - can you post your router stats? 

Not a sky subscriber
This message was authored by Coney2000 This message was authored by: Coney2000

Unfortunately I have the same issue, the speed test says everything is fine but my WiFi regularly drops. It is now happening daily and it is making it very difficult to work from home or even set a radio alarm.

WiFi is a convenient way to connect devices but isn't without its limits or issues.

Other competing devices inside and outside the home, how thick walls are that the signal has to get through, proximity to a microwave/fishtank/strings of lights, number of devices connected to the router, age of router to name a few can affect a signal significantly in some cases.

Be worth looking for any tips on improving WiFi performance on Sky's website and other websites. If still no joy I'd give Sky a call and see what your options are to help improve the signal. 

Not a sky subscriber
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Coney2000 it would be better to start a new thread with details of your problem and include your Sky hub's connection stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

Dealing with multiple cases which often have different causes despite siilar symptoms in one thread gets confusing.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion