Discussion topic: I want to purchase Broadband for an Irish home but I live in the UK

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I want to purchase Broadband for an Irish home but I live in the UK

My main residence is in London but recently bought a small flat in Dublin. The webform will not accept a UK phone number to purchase broadband in Ireland and it is impossible to speak to anyone. Can I pay  and register for Sky via a UK account for a service in Ireland?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I want to purchase Broadband for an Irish home but I live in the UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I pay  and register for Sky via a UK account for a service in Ireland?

I wouldn't think you could use an existing Sky account, no: being in a different country means different regulation, consumer legislation, minimum contract period etc.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Topic Author

Thanks yes I thought that might be the case - I was hoping the UK branch could faciltate a contract with their Irish partners as I can't call their  Irish 0818 help line  from UK and their webform won't accept my UK number. It seems like an impenetrable service to get to speak to a human but they can facilitate a platform that invites  the paying public  to figure it out on their behalf. 

Topic Author

So I finally got to speak to someone via facebook messenger. Apparently they cannot accept me as a customer in Ireland unless I have an irish phone number. After some discussions internally they relayed to me that it was company policy (I am not sure this is published anywhere?). My guess is their engineering subcontractors don't want to incur the cost of making an international call to arrange/discuss installation and despite Sky being a digital service they don't have the I.T capabilities to adjust their webform to accept a UK number or their system. This is disappointing as I am trying to split my time between two countries on account of family commitments and didnt think I would be denied subscribing for their service on account of my phone number. What a shame.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion