Discussion topic: I want to add a Ring camera inside my home with Ethernet cable connection to my sky broadband.

This message was authored by AJH1 This message was authored by: AJH1

I want to add a Ring camera inside my home with Ethernet cable connection to my sky broadband.

Following a burglary, I want to use a Ring camera indoors and have it hard-wired to a sky router with an Ethernet cable. I currently do not have a router close enough to the place I'd need the camera installed. I need to understand how to achieve what I want. That is a hardwired Ring camera with ethernet to a sky router, which is in turn hardwired to the internet. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I want to add a Ring camera inside my home with Ethernet cable connection to my sky broadband.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AJH1 two options first is simply to run an ethernet lead from wherecthe camera goescto the location of the router. You can buy premade cables but these cab be difficult to feed as the rj45 plugs get caught you can butvcable and connect your own connecters but while not difficult requires some care and a punch tool.

The other solution is to buy a powerlinecadapter kit which uses your home mains wiring to carry the data. On adapters plugs into a wall socket nearctge camera and linked by a short ethernet lead and the other adapter is plugged in nearcthe hub and dimilsrly linked.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion