Discussion topic: I’ve had fibre installed today and my phone doesn’t connect to the internet via the WiFi.

This message was authored by Michael211 This message was authored by: Michael211

I’ve had fibre installed today and my phone doesn’t connect to the internet via the WiFi.

Hello, I had fibre installed today and my phone won't connect to WiFi because it's weak security. Does anyone else have this and maybe some advice to over come it please?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: I’ve had fibre installed today and my phone doesn’t connect to the internet via the WiFi.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Michael211  Only the newer Sky Max router has WPA3, but the WPA2 PSK-AES is stil secure and Apple want their cake and eat it as most ISPs routers are yet to have WPA3 as standard.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: I’ve had fibre installed today and my phone doesn’t connect to the internet via the WiFi.

@Michael211  Do you have an Apple iPhone by any chance?

Michael211
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michael211 This message was authored by: Michael211

Hi yes I do 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Michael211  Only the newer Sky Max router has WPA3, but the WPA2 PSK-AES is stil secure and Apple want their cake and eat it as most ISPs routers are yet to have WPA3 as standard.

Michael211
Topic Author

Ahh ok thanks very much 😊 it's not the end of the world just a tad annoying 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Michael211 

Your original post says your iPhone wont connect, it should still connect it may just throw a warning.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion