Discussion topic: I moved from Birmingham to Taunton and I notified Sky that I will move, on the 10th of September I r

This message was authored by Ade78 This message was authored by: Ade78

I moved from Birmingham to Taunton and I notified Sky that I will move, on the 10th of September I r

I moved from house to another and I notified Sky that I will move, on the 10th of September I received a text that my sky broadband has been activated, I hook up my broadband equipment to the open reach port in my new house but didn't work. I have tried to trouble shoot the gadget with open reach online guides

1000147240.jpg

1000147224.jpg

1000147258.jpg

1000147258.jpg

but yet don't work. I have a not been able to use my broadband for the past 4 days now. I think I Will need an engineer to come and fix it for me.

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: I moved from Birmingham to Taunton and I notified Sky that I will move, on the 10th of September

Have you  told sky that you  have  full fibre  ?

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: I moved from Birmingham to Taunton and I notified Sky that I will move, on the 10th of September

As that is an optical network terminal  you have there, they may not know  that at sky 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ade78  Did you do a full home move with Sky when you informed them that you where moving and did they say that this process would be complete by the time you moved?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Ade78 you should have been sent a so called "conversion kit" by Sky which is a simple ethernet cable so unplug the black cable you have and connect one end of the ethernet cable into the ONT box on the wall and the other into the yellow socket numbered as 4 on the Sky hub - there will have been instructions that came with the cable.

If for some reason Sky have not sent you the kit either give them a call or buy a simple ethernet cable locally. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Ade78
Topic Author

Yes I did and I was sent a message that my broadband has been activated. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Ade78  You need to take out the cable that you have connected to the middle port on the ONT and that is going into the router. As @Chrisee says you need to connect an ethernet cable to the ONT in that same port then into port 4 which says WAN on the router.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Ade78
Topic Author

I will try it when I get home. Thank you so much. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion