Discussion topic: I haven’t been sent the right equipment I’m missing a cable in my sky box

This message was authored by Lucyfelton This message was authored by: Lucyfelton

I haven’t been sent the right equipment I’m missing a cable in my sky box

I don't think I've been sent the right equipment I'm pretty sure I'm missing a cable for my sky broadband box

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: I haven’t been sent the right equipment I’m missing a cable in my sky box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucyfelton 

Have you upgraded to ultrafast fttp?

When is your activation date?

If you are getting full fibre sky send out an ethernet cable seperately. Check my orders for something called a conversion kit

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Lucyfelton  Which cable do you think is missing?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Lucyfelton
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lucyfelton This message was authored by: Lucyfelton

I think I'm supposed to have a cable with a purple end to go in the purple port but there isn't one it only came with one with a blue and one with a yellow end and also I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have an ONT or because when I'm trying to set it up I'm just putting it straight into the master socket which I'm not sure is correct 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Lucyfelton 

When are you due to be activated?

The yellow ethernet cable will plug into your ont when installed with the other end going into lan port 4 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@Lucyfelton 

This is an ont 

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

Lucyfelton
Topic Author

I've been activated already since the 9th of august but I've only got a master socket in the wall I don't have an ONT I didn't get sent one and I only have the Ethernet and the power cable not sure if I need another cable or not 

@Lucyfelton 

Its openreach who install in the uk it if not already present unless someone has made off with

Double check around the house again and get back to us

Please note in ireland siro will install it in the electric metre box

Lucyfelton
Topic Author

I live in a flat and have only recently moved in so the previous tenant may have taken it with them I'm not sure who to contact to get one or where I can get one from Im in the uk

@Lucyfelton 

Contact sky as below

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@cookiemonsteruk  Did you not ask @Lucyfelton  if they can do the check to what services are available with the checker from BT.

@Lucyfelton 

Could you enter your full address in the link below and copy and paste the notes below the table

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

@Highlinder when customer mentioned yellow cable i guessed that it was  the conversion kit

@cookiemonsteruk  I got one when I got my original kit from Sky that was FTTC and they sent another when I went to FTTP.

Lucyfelton
Topic Author

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG congested duct.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. A new ONT may be ordered.

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This site is in an FTTP priority area where FTTP is available but exceptionally SOGEA will also show as available to order but only at Non-Standard Premises (NSP) such as Hot site, Uninhabitable and Temporary locations. Migrations of WLR Solus (voice-only lines) is also allowed but only for SOGEA 0.5Mbps bandwidths. SOGEA 40/10 bandwidths order is also allowed.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

@Lucyfelton 

ONT exists with active service. 

I am pretty sure the previous tenant has taken it with them

You can call sky as above or we can escalate to sky for you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion