Discussion topic: I have just received my sky hub but I am unable to get connected to WiFi, please help me connect

This message was authored by SKY5ZQSG This message was authored by: SKY5ZQSG

I have just received my sky hub but I am unable to get connected to WiFi, please help me connect

I have just received my sky hub and I am failing to get connected. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. The hub came with 2 cables which are the black power cable and one with yellow ends. It seems there is something missing as I cannot get the WiFi connection

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I have just received my sky hub but I am unable to get connected to WiFi, please help me connect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKY5ZQSG 

A cable with yellow ends is ethernet, and that means it's intended for connection to an ONT for service over FTTP ('full fibre')

If your property doesn't currently have FTTP installed (a Hub is sent out in advance) then the new optical cable and ONT will be installed on the activation date.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I have just received my sky hub but I am unable to get connected to WiFi, please help me connect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKY5ZQSG 

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion