Discussion topic: I have a bird camera which has worked perfectly well until my router was changed to a dual output.n

This message was authored by RAH25 This message was authored by: RAH25

I have a bird camera which has worked perfectly well until my router was changed to a dual output.n

my bird box camera which works off 2.4 ghz  will not connect to my new dual output sky router. It just goes into search mode but fails to connect. I've tried all the usual re boots and resets but still get the same result,. Camera now 4yrs old but manufacturer says it should cope with this. any suggestions please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I have a bird camera which has worked perfectly well until my router was changed to a dual outpu

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RAH25 the usual thing is to split the two wifi bands which works on the Sky Q hub and the Sky Broadband Hubs see Split Sky WiFi bands

Things are different if you have the latest white Sky Wifi Max hub.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
RAH25
Topic Author
This message was authored by RAH25 This message was authored by: RAH25

Re: I have a bird camera which has worked perfectly well until my router was changed to a dual outpu

Thank you Chrisee, I suspected it may be something along those lines. I will follow your instructions as a last remedy but I'm concerned about losing connections on other devices. Thanks again, Robin

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RAH25 

You wont lose connection on other devices by splitting your bands as long as you keep one of the SSIDs the same name & password

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion