Discussion topic: I got new sky max but it keeps dropping. Worse connection than with sky w

This message was authored by Stephanie361 This message was authored by: Stephanie361

I got new sky max but it keeps dropping. Worse connection than with sky w

I got the new Sky max box to help with signal throughout the house but it's awful. It keeps dropping out - so far today it's been 4 times and during a work call. 

I need help! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I got new sky max but it keeps dropping. Worse connection than with sky w

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stephanie361 like all WiFi routers the new WiFi Mx hub needs to be out in the open and on a surface above obstructions like radiators etc. If your's is in the best pisition you need to talk to Sky as you may need extender pods which can come as part of WiFi Max add-on package.

The new hubs are faster than the older black type but do not have a greater range on their own and signal strength drops the further you are away from the unit and the number of solid objects it has to pass through. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion