Discussion topic: I don’t understand my why wifi connection is so slow on my phone but fine with all other devices

This message was authored by T2024 This message was authored by: T2024

I don’t understand my why wifi connection is so slow on my phone but fine with all other devices

I don’t understand why my wifi is so slow on my mobile phone but fine with other devices in my home? And my phone connects to other wifi and works well, so it's confusing me and becoming frustrating. This has been happening since I first switched to Sky (wasn't a problem with previous provider). Can anyone explain or help resolve please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I don’t understand my why wifi connection is so slow on my phone but fine with all other devices

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@T2024 there are a number of possibilities but broadly if other devices in similar locations are giving better wifi speeds its an issue with your phone. Check you are connecting to the faster 5GHz band if you have split the two wifi bands. Therevis a useful app,called wifi sweetspots which measures the network speed of a mobile device like a phone to the hub in realtime so can show if there is dead spot where you are using the phone.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion