Discussion topic: I don't have a landline socket in my property

This message was authored by A-BH92 This message was authored by: A-BH92

I don't have a landline socket in my property

Hi,

My contract with Virgin Media already expired and I am looking to swithch to Sky but I don't have a landline socket in my property. Does this mean that Sky can't be installed in my home? It says the service is available where I live but I know in some occations that sky sent equipment to new customers to only find out later that Sky Fibre Broadband can't be installed by Openreach engineer. However, this case was like 3-4 years ago to be honest. I just don't want to cancel my broadband without a guarntee that I would not end up without interent.

I hope someone could help me with this enquiry.

Thanks you.

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: I don't have a landline socket in my property

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@A-BH92 

Your address shows that a new ONT will be required so this will require Openreach to run the fibre cable from either the pole or ducting then drill into the wall and bring the cable in. This process should be fairly simple but can sometimes throw up delays with Openreach so I would recommend you do not cancel your Virgin line until Openreach have successfully installed the cabling into your home. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@A-BH92  Can you post the results from here?  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Before posting image make sure no addres details are showing, the link provided will tell us what is available to your home via the Oprenreach network which Sky use.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

A-BH92
Topic Author

Thank you for you response. Here is the screenshot as requested

ABH92_0-1696082898196.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@A-BH92 

With wbc fttp your sky hub is your telephone socket which will plug into your fibre optic modem ont which will be installed on the day of activation

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@A-BH92 

Your address shows that a new ONT will be required so this will require Openreach to run the fibre cable from either the pole or ducting then drill into the wall and bring the cable in. This process should be fairly simple but can sometimes throw up delays with Openreach so I would recommend you do not cancel your Virgin line until Openreach have successfully installed the cabling into your home. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
A-BH92
Topic Author

@jamesn123@cookiemonsterukThank you so much for your help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion