Discussion topic: I cant login to my admin account (for the router)

This message was authored by price4480 This message was authored by: price4480

I cant login to my admin account (for the router)

So when I type my IPV4 into the url of browser it comes up with the settings to the site, but i can not log into admin there. I do not know the password to there, I do know the password to the router however. How can I change the password to the admin account on the IPV4.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I cant login to my admin account (for the router)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@price4480 the password for the hub's admin account defaults to sky for most Sky hubs. On the latest hub it is the default wifi code on the hub's label. 

If neither work press and hold the reset pin until the leds flash as reset will retutn the hub to its orginal settings. It is wise to change the admin password which is in the Maintainance menu IIRC.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Skyecf27 This message was authored by: Skyecf27

Re: I cannot log into 192.168.0.1 using admin & my wifi password

I have changed to fibre broadband but although I have a  good signal but about  1700 to 1800 hours my. Speed drops way down to my previous standard speed approximately. 5 to 6 mbs 

I have tried to change my channel but after entering 192.168.0.1 I cannot log in using admin a as a user id nd my sky password where am I going wrong?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: I cannot log into 192.168.0.1 using admin & my wifi password

You are only typing in for the password either "sky " or  your Wifi passowrd if you have the SR203 the router that stands up.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by fruitbat1 This message was authored by: fruitbat1

I had this problem it took a while but eventually found by turning on the SKY SHIELD it worked .

Go to sky help where it tells you how to do it.

@fruitbat1 logging into the Sky Hub's admin account cannot involve Broadband Shield as the request is on the local network and never reaches the Shield's servers . Sometimes the hubs are unresponsive then a reboot helps or sometimes they just start working on their own - pesky beasts.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by BattleofWills This message was authored by: BattleofWills

I have the same problem.

I cannot access router.

Sky Usernames Sky Passwords admin sky sky lightweight

Neither of combinations work. It's been like this for over a year.

I upgraded to broadband, biut, nevr received Sky Broadband Hub 2019.

Could this be the problem.

@BattleofWills when you log into the hub by typing 192.168.0.1 in the browser address bar you are asked to log in to access any page other than the default landing page. The user name is always admin and the default password on the older hubs is sky (all lower case). With the newer upright hubs the default password is the wifi password on the hub's label. If you change the wifi password thst will not have changed the admin password which catches a few people out.

If you can't log in with those details is it possible somebody may have changed the password? If it is press and hold the reset pin on the hub until the power led flashes whichbtakes up to 30 seconds then release the hub will reboot back to its factory settings restoring the passwords.

This message was authored by briansharp This message was authored by: briansharp

Ive tried everything I just log onto the router

can anyone help please

This message was authored by Phoenix-FTN This message was authored by: Phoenix-FTN

I know people have indicated they have used the password etc but on some of the later routers the password has changerd to the password used on the back of the router around 12 characterts.  User name has remained as sky.  Most of you will already know this and this is one of those "just in case" posts.

There is also one other thing, Kaspersky has been know to block access as well but for the life of me I can't remember what I did...sorry.

Wotcheruk

Slight correction @Phoenix-FTN the user name is always admin not sky.

This message was authored by Kevb37 This message was authored by: Kevb37

How do I log into sr203 router I have rest the router, tried admin sky, also tried WiFi name and password supplied with the router

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Kevb37  use admin and Wi-fi password to login on the SR203 router.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Kevb37 wrote:

How do I log into sr203 router I have rest the router, tried admin sky, also tried WiFi name and password supplied with the router

@Kevb37 

Should be as below:

Hubs.png

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Steptoe101 This message was authored by: Steptoe101

I've done everything people have spoke about the problem log in to admin. I've reset the hub and no changes there. I've tried continuously times of trying to log in, I've tried contacting sky  but that seems to be a big problem to actually speak to somebody and nothing seems to be working properly buffing on phones, laptops and my playstation who mega slow. I've got the best speed in my area and my connection speed to my playstation is so slow I can't even play online 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion