Discussion topic: Hub not delivered

This message was authored by JLN This message was authored by: JLN

Hub not delivered

My broadband gets activated tomorrow. I rung sky today who assured me that the hub would be with me by the end of the day. However, at 9pm still has not been received. I have been given no tracking number and nothing on my orders to even suggest that a hub has been issued other than the call I had today. Where would I stand if they haven't issued this/haven't accounted for Royal Mail to get this to me in time for switch on. I work from home so really would need this by tomorrow at the absolute latest? Has anyone else experienced this please? If so was sky helpful? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Hub not delivered

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JLN  What information is in track orders in my account, regarding your equipment delivery?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
JLN
Topic Author

The only information was about the fibre being switched on. The fibre has now been switched on but I've been left without internet as I cannot connect a hub I haven't received.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@JLN unfortunately the fact you work from home is not relevant as you have bought a domestic service so does not give you priority. I have escalated your post to Sky so expect an invitation to chat through the forum where a chat button should appear.

Sky do dispatch by Royal Mail so tracking even if you had a number tells you very little until delivery is attempted but the number should be in the My Orders section of the My Sky app or website.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JLN
Topic Author

Rung sky again this morning. The reason I have no hub and tracking information is because they made an error and placed an order on my account June 21 for a hub (which I never received and was with BT at the time). Whoever I spoke to yesterday lied to me. 

JLN
Topic Author

Regardless of it being domestic in post covid times the world has changed and when placing the order they were made aware that it was also for working from home. Therefore, they had a duty to inform me at the time if this service wasn't right for my needs to then allow me to make an informed decision on the product I was purchasing. 

Turns out I spoke to someone who fibbed or really didn't know the answer so just guessed to get me off the phone. They never issued a hub as they reckon they issued on one to me in June 21 when I was with BT. Atleast the root of the problem has been identified. It's just a shame that they have no escalation process when it's an error on their part to rectify.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@JLN  There is nothing stopping you working from home, the point made is that it is a Domestic Broadband service and therefore carries with it SLA's for a domestic service.

If you need a priority service then you would need to be looking at more expensive services.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion