Discussion topic: How to change Sky wifi SSID

This message was authored by FrustratedPickl This message was authored by: FrustratedPickl

How to change Sky wifi SSID

I got Sky installed today and need to change my SSID back to my old one so I can sort all my smart devices out. How do I change it? I navigated to the settings on 192.168.0.1 but they're all greyed out, even when I select to edit them. The page tells me to go to the app or sky.com to change the settings but neither of those give me the options to view, let alone change the sky hub settings.

Help! Getting very frustrated here! It shouldn't be this hard. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How to change Sky wifi SSID

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FrustratedPickl if your new Sky hub is white you changectge settings in the My Sky app.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How to change Sky wifi SSID

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FrustratedPickl wrote:

The page tells me to go to the app or sky.com to change the settings but neither of those give me the options to view, let alone change the sky hub settings.

Help! Getting very frustrated here! It shouldn't be this hard. 

There's a known issue for some Max Hub users where the app is slow to populate with the Administration tabs.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion