Discussion topic: How do I get a broadband (wifi) booster / repeater

This message was authored by Bikeman823 This message was authored by: Bikeman823

How do I get a broadband (wifi) booster / repeater

Not much signal elsewhere in the house, WiFi is poor, is there a repeater/ booster available?

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: How do I get a broadband (wifi) booster / repeater

@Bikeman823 

If you have the broadband boost or Sky Max service that costs extra you can request a booster or Max Pod to cover areas in the house that aren't currently receiving a strong signal and speeds of 3Mbps and 25Mbps respectively for each service by phoning Sky on 150 from the house phone.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Raphy This message was authored by: Raphy

I do pay for that sub but I don't see any way of contacting Sky to request that they send a booster. How do I make the request? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Raphy customers with boost have to call Sky and request an extender. Calls to Sky on a Sky Talk or Sky mobile, just  dial 150, are free. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion