Discussion topic: Hive Hub not connecting 15 Feb 2022

This message was authored by Ralph+Crabbe This message was authored by: Ralph+Crabbe

Hive Hub not connecting 15 Feb 2022

So I managed to get a completely unique problem for Sky to solve

About 15/2/22 the Hive Hub stopped working withot warning, no changes to anything so after a little time with HIVE decided to buy a new Hub, £40 later its going to be delivered.

Tried to get it to work and it still wouldnt connect i.e. get a GREEN light on hub with an internet connection.

HIVE tried their bit and couldnt get get it to work, their engineer concluded it was a 'firewall issue' that could only be resolved by service provider.

THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS DID NOT WORK FOR ME  (hundreds of thousands of hive boxes and I find the ghost in the machine)

1. Resetting sky broadband hub - main hub page

2. Turning of IPv6 in security > firewall rules

3. Changing Gigabit internet to Fast internet in 'Ethernet settings'

4. Creating a port forwarding in Advanced > Lan IP setup 

[the numbers for this are

- UDP PORT  123 (NTP)

- TCP 443 (HTTPS)

- TCP 5671 (AMQPS)]

However the box has no IP address and is assigned one, so no connection, no IP address, cant create one unless you know the IP address. catch 22

5. New cables

6. New Hive hub (im on number 3 now, counting the original as number 1)

7. Disconnecting hub power for 3 seconds, connecting for 10, six times which is supposed to kickstart something.

8. Leaving it connected over night

THE SOLUTION THAT DID WORK (too many variables to say what was the issue)

1. New sky hub

2. Plugged hive hub into it directly without any other devices  connecting

3. Phone was the only thing besides hub using the sky broadband

4. Turned off all Sky Q boxes

5. Left it a wee bit and the assistant could see it had connected to the broadband

The only think they could see from the other side was that it was trying to connect to a MESH network or something created by all the sky devices i.e. the other 2 SKY Q boxes.

*****DISCLAIMER*****

I have little or NO knowledge about how the internet actually works i.e. its all magic to me

The above is what i recollect from spending  11+hrs over 4 or 5 days trying to resolve the issue. 

I did not piggy back onto the other posts because they were all resolved prior to what I have had to do.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

Ralph+Crabbe
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ralph+Crabbe This message was authored by: Ralph+Crabbe

Re: Hive Hub not connecting 15 Feb 2022

Failed Options

9. Turning of Sky broadband shield

Ralph+Crabbe
Topic Author

Re: Hive Hub not connecting 15 Feb 2022

(Also original give hub was purchased Oct 2017 so shunned it was the box)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion