Discussion topic: Hi, my WiFi to my PC is 5.2 mps download and 102mps if I connect a temporary ethernet cable, I have

This message was authored by GaryT2 This message was authored by: GaryT2

Hi, my WiFi to my PC is 5.2 mps download and 102mps if I connect a temporary ethernet cable, I have

Hi, my WiFi to my PC is 5.2 mps download and 102mps if I connect a temporary ethernet cable, I have several sky q boxes and a booster. Fibre has made absolutely no difference

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Hi, my WiFi to my PC is 5.2 mps download and 102mps if I connect a temporary ethernet cable, I h

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GaryT2 getting full fibre will increase speeds to your hub but often wont make a difference to WiFi spedds especially in rooms some way from the hub. Sky like most ISPs do not promise much on WiFi speeds as the layout and type of construction of your home is outside their control. They will sel you an add-on like Sky WiFi Max which can come with some extenders which may help but tgat only guarantees 25Mb/s for Ultrafast customers. 

Other solution is to buy your own WiFi kit or use ethernet which is much more reliable both for gaming and work.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion