Discussion topic: Hi, I’m a new customer to Sky Broadband. I have arranged

This message was authored by perrygulli This message was authored by: perrygulli

Hi, I’m a new customer to Sky Broadband. I have arranged

Hi,

I'm a new Sky Broadband customer and have arranged for Sky broadband and hub to be delivered and activated on Monday 03/10/2023.

I got an email saying the broadband can now be activated but I haven't received the hub and have no indication of when it is being delivered.

I can't work from home because I have no internet at my new flat but Sky say I need to sign for the package. Where can I get an update on this order?

I'm not sure why it's taking so long to deliver the hub and it's annoying that Sky can't provide more information other than "awaiting dispatch".

I'm being billed for my first months internet from Sky soon for internet that I can't even use yet.

This has completely disrupted my plans for moving in and still no information from Sky. Needless to say I'm pretty annoyed at the level of service as a new customer and already regretting my decision to pick sky as my provider. 

Any advice on how to progress this?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Hi, I’m a new customer to Sky Broadband. I have arranged

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@perrygulli  When did you place the order for broadband?   It nornally takes 10 working days from placing the order, it cannot be sped up even if workimg from home.

What does your order tracking page show?  https://www.sky.com/ordertracking

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

perrygulli
Topic Author
This message was authored by perrygulli This message was authored by: perrygulli

Hi there @GD1 ,

Thanks for the information.

Order was placed on 26th of September so not quite 10 days in fairness to Sky.

In your experience will they let you know the day and rough time slot with in a few hours when the Hub is delivered?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@perrygulli wrote:

I'm a new Sky Broadband customer and have arranged for Sky broadband and hub to be delivered and activated on Monday 03/10/2023.

@perrygulli 

Monday was the 2nd October. Yesterday was Tuesday 3rd October. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
perrygulli
Topic Author

Correction *Monday 02/10/2023.

perrygulli
Topic Author

Thanks, I've corrected that in the reply! 

@perrygulli  Hubs are normally sent via Royal Mail so you should be able to track delivery, but no guaranteed times.

For installation ir depends on if it is remote activation or not.  

What service did you order?  Superfast or Ultrafast?   

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

perrygulli
Topic Author

@GD1 

There's no information about Royal Mail tracking in my confirmation email or in the My Sky App, it just says "awaiting confirmation". 

And it's Superfast broadband. 

To knowledge, do you think I could change my delivery address of the Hub itself? I'm still in the process of moving out meaning my new flat is empty, so would rather just wait for it to be delivered at my relatives house where I know someone can sign for it. 

@perrygulli wrote:

@GD1 

There's no information about Royal Mail tracking in my confirmation email or in the My Sky App, it just says "awaiting confirmation". 

And it's Superfast broadband. 

To knowledge, do you think I could change my delivery address of the Hub itself? I'm still in the process of moving out meaning my new flat is empty, so would rather just wait for it to be delivered at my relatives house where I know someone can sign for it. 

You won't be able to change the delivery address as it needs to be delivere to the registered address.  If Royal Mail can't deliver you should bea ble to collect/get redelivered.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion