Discussion topic: Getting 1/5th guaranteed speed from Cabinet to Router, please help!

This message was authored by jessrabbit3 This message was authored by: jessrabbit3

Getting 1/5th guaranteed speed from Cabinet to Router, please help!

I recently moved house and have gone with sky broadband as it was the best choice in my area, I'm guaranteed a speed of 55Mbps but am only getting 10Mbps (from cabinet to router - I'm not talking about wifi degredation or anything similar).

Could anyone please help me with this? I rely on the internet for my job 😰

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Getting 1/5th guaranteed speed from Cabinet to Router, please help!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jessrabbit3 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
jessrabbit3
Topic Author
This message was authored by jessrabbit3 This message was authored by: jessrabbit3

jessrabbit3_0-1695499718646.png

jessrabbit3
Topic Author

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 56:31:11

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 1765301 3128401 0 0 0 16:20:54 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 927215 61492 0 0 0 26:51:22 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 28799580 12481752 0 2 0 26:51:23

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 10417 kbps 3783 kbps Line Attenuation D1(53.7 dB) , D2(54.2 dB) , D3(65.0 dB) U0(33.7 dB) , U1(53.9 dB) , U2(0.0 dB) Noise Margin 5.6 dB 6.3 dB
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@jessrabbit3 

Yes, definately a fault somewhere . Your hub will show more info.

When was your line activated

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

jessrabbit3
Topic Author

The 19th of September.

@jessrabbit3 

The line can be unstable for the first 10-14 days. Have you been resetting the hub? Is the router plugged into tn main mastersocket. It may improve a bit but not to 55Mbps. If still below 55Mbps call sky

jessrabbit3
Topic Author

Yeah I've tried everything I can think of, using different microfilter etc, I'm aware the speed can fluctuate in first few weeks of line activation but 1/5th the guaranteed minimum speed seems excessive :[

@jessrabbit3 

Unfortunately sky only accept a line fault after 10-14 days even if its obvious its not going to make it. 

However

Line Attenuation D1(53.7 dB) , D2(54.2 dB) , D3(65.0 dB

Those techy figures are to close together for your guarantee which does make it look external

jessrabbit3
Topic Author

😿😿😿😿😿😿😿😿😿😿

@jessrabbit3 

I know .  But get back on this post so we can escalate it to sky after the 14th day👍

jessrabbit3
Topic Author

Anyone know something I can try that I might not have yet?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@jessrabbit3 

Unlikely anything you can do. If you've moved house and the line was like this then its likely to be a problem with the copper cabling, possibly even internally. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion